Gryffin Gets a Mei Mei

Come along with Gryff and family on their journey to China to bring home his little mei mei.




My name is Gryffin and I am the worlds most spoiled Airedale Terrier. My mom and dad thought it was time I get a little sibling...so we are all on an exciting journey for a little sister from China. I am very excited about this...except for the fact I will have to share my toys with her and be extra quiet while she is napping. For those who know me...this may be a little challenging!! My mom, dad and I are looking forward to sharing this long journey with our friends and family. Our hearts are so filled with joy...and we are all looking forward to an anxious and exciting year ahead...Please join us!!!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

It is really going to happen!!

It has been a slow week, as we are still waiting for our official Log in Date, which should come anytime now. This will be a HUGE thing for us to celebrate, so we will have to plan something very special.
We heard that our first Group 53 meeting is for July 17th, with a dinner following. We are so excited and emotional about meeting the other families. We are going to be sharing so many moments with these people and will probably be bonded to them for life. They too...will be enduring this long wait, the excitement of recieving our referrals, the long journey to China and the incredible day we will each meet our child for the first time. They will share the ups and downs of those amazing first few weeks, and be a great source of strength and support. Many of our daughters will be from the same orphanages and will most likely stay life long friends. Meeting the other families will make all of this seem so real. This is REALLY going to happen!!!

This week was an especially emotional one...as it was the anniversary of my mothers death. It has been such a long road...grieving and healing. Some of the same emotions I have felt grieving for my mom...I also feel during this wait for my daughter. It too, has been such a long road. It is so close, yet still so far away. As with my mom and my daughter, I feel this overwhelming and deep love for this person...yet I cannot be with them, see them, hold them. Sometimes the longing is so very overwhelming. It is funny how similiar the feelings can be.
I found myself thinking this week about what kind of mother I had, and what kind of mother I will be. My heart is so full of longing to have that mother/daughter bond once again. I only hope that she is looking over me and will guide us through this incredible journey that lies ahead.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I think sometimes everyone believes that there is only joy and anticipation in "waiting" for our daughters. There is sadness as well and grief and loss of time with them. It is healthy that you can acknowledge all the emotions surrounding this momentous event in your life!! BTW...Gryffn is TOO cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home