Gryffin Gets a Mei Mei

Come along with Gryff and family on their journey to China to bring home his little mei mei.




My name is Gryffin and I am the worlds most spoiled Airedale Terrier. My mom and dad thought it was time I get a little sibling...so we are all on an exciting journey for a little sister from China. I am very excited about this...except for the fact I will have to share my toys with her and be extra quiet while she is napping. For those who know me...this may be a little challenging!! My mom, dad and I are looking forward to sharing this long journey with our friends and family. Our hearts are so filled with joy...and we are all looking forward to an anxious and exciting year ahead...Please join us!!!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

THE WAIT BEGINS...Beijing or bust

We thought this would be a fitting time to start this site...as we have officially completed the paperwork phase of our adoption. (6 months) We are looking forward to the long wait ahead with much nervousness, excitement, and anticipation. We will use this time to educate ourselves on raising an adopted child, preparing our home for the new arrival, fine tuning some of Gryffins manners, and celebrating the gift we are about to be given. We are truly the lucky ones to have this beautiful little girl enter our lives...and are blessed by all of the family and friends that will be supporting us and taking the journey with us.

We turned in our last important piece of paperwork for our adoption...(the 171-H) and now our dossier is traveling around getting authentications and translations. The ultimate destination will be the China Center for Adoption Affairs where we will be given our official LID (adoption speak for log in date) Once that is recieved...the official wait begins for our date to come up in the "matching room." China is looking at a slowdown in the process...so we are prepared for a long wait.

Our agency has assigned us to travel group 53 with 7 other families that we will travel with to China. We are looking forward to meeting these families in the next month or so, and getting to know the people in which we will share a lifelong bond....our daughters.

6 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cute!

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Gryff old boy, but you're going to have to give up the title of my only grandchild. I'm going to be a real grandmother now and you're just a dog...but I still love ya!

Love,
Gramma Barbie

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is too cute, can't wait to see what's to come!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you have done hear Gryffin and your enthusiasm I admire.
Good luck with your sibling.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie...I finally arrived to read your blog....but nothing for August???
I miss you and may not run into you since I'm off to OAK.
Lady bug kisses for you and gryff
Ila

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see you post some the pictures of your amazing journey to china for the camping experience of a life time. We are so proud of your passion and you incredably large heart. Your an amazing person and deservce all the best that life has to offer. We are always prayijng for your soon to be family in hopes that it all comes together for you both sooner than you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home